Can a foreign Nanny apply for an employment-based immigrant visa?

Yes, an employer can now apply to sponsor an alien as a Nanny or Nanny/Household Manager, under the EB3 employment-based immigrant visa.

The new PERM regime now classifies the occupation of “Nanny” as a “Skilled Worker” instead of the previous classification of “Other Worker.” The newly defined classification, gives way for favorable treatment by the USCIS as the Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) range for the occupation of Nanny is now 6.0<7.0. This means this occupation now requires training in vocation schools, relevant work experience, and/or an associates’ degree under PERM. Some positions may even require a bachelor’s degree. A Nanny’s duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:

High demand in the EB-3 category has caused a backlog of applications and potentially long waits for green cards.
extracted from: Siskind Susser Bland

How Can A Nanny Obtain An EB-3 Visa?

If you want to enter the U.S. as an EB-3 worker, you must go through the following multi-step process:

[ Next FAQ ]
[ FAQ Index ]


Beachwood, Ohio     216-223-8090
Contact Us
Home | News | Services | Costs | Contact Us | Links | Search
©Childcare Solutions • All Rights Reserved • Updated 08/13